Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We're Back!!!


It's good to be home. Having Nikki, Kristin and Marcia here has already been a huge blessing. I enjoy visiting with them, and learning more about them. Really just having their presence has been refreshing.

Since coming home things have been rather busy. We left for Kampala sooner than expected, leaving our to-do list unfinished. We have also had a lot of visitors, to welcome us back.

Getting away from Kotido was good for me emotionally. It was good to get a break from the constant suffering, and depravity. My compassion has been renewed but it also leaves me heart broken. More than ever I see that the Karamjong need Jesus and apart from that there is not much hope. This is evident in the different situations we find ourselves in, and the failed attempt of different organizations to help them. I try not to get discouraged, so I press on, and look to the word of God for comfort. Left with a lot of questions unanswered right now about some different situations. I don't have enough time to explain all of the situations. I am praying that God would continue to give us a vision for spreading the Gospel here. That it would penetrate the hearts, and transform lives.

I will give you a little insight into one situation, but will leave out much of the detail. It's complicated. Visited Apeyo. Didn't end up being as good as I thought it was going to be. He has shingles, and the effects of malnutrition are creeping back. We are hoping we can continue to teach his mother how to care for him properly and be able to share the Gospel with her, but it is not easy. We keep asking God to lead us and guide us daily on what His desire is for this people group.

I feel God has been teaching me so much about helping the one, and not getting overwhelmed with the multitude but being obedient to what He has put in front of me. So I press on.

Michaela

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Thanks for the good post.

    Keep kneeling at the feet of Jesus.

    He is faithful to strengthen you.

    Love and prayers,
    S

    ReplyDelete