We have been here over a week now and although I am not well versed in the culture yet I have made a lot of observations.
1. Roosters here are not on Ugandan time. They crow in the middle of the night and early in the morning. 3:00 a.m. early.
2. Mice like having parties on your roof at 5:00 a.m.
3. Hand washing your clothes is really hard on your clothes, but good exercise for your arms.
4. If you are 5 and under your favorite thing to do is yell "Muzunga" (White person) and giggle, then follow you.
5. Cold showers are not so bad....ok maybe they are.
6. You may not have a flushing toilet or running water but you can have internet :). (Thank goodness for that, so I can keep in touch with friends and family)
7. Mosquitos nets at night keep out all sorts of critters other than mosquitos. Maybe they don't keep out mosquitos at all. I wake up with all kinds of bites....unless maybe we have bed bugs. Who knows....however the mosquitos here are very clever and smart.
Ok, ok, in all seriousness......we are doing pretty good. We have seemed to pass around a cold and our bodies are all adjusting to the food here, and the different bacteria and such.
We are not in our house yet which is a bummer, but we are optimistic it will be soon. Hopefully it really will be soon and not "Africa" time.
Our team is amazing and we are so thankful to have them. We have learned a lot about how God is speaking to them, and we feel Him saying a lot of the same things to us. We were able to visit the orphanage and see what work is going on there, which was nice to see in the flesh. We are excited to make a trip to the village soon to meet some people that our team mates have been helping.
I think that sums it up...in a nut shell at least. A small one. Sorry I don't have pictures. Maybe next week. Hope all of you are doing well and remember we would love to hear from you and see how you are doing. Drop us an email when you can.
Oh and Cody actually blogged (it has been since June). You can check it out at our website www.FollowingJesusToUganda.com. Then click on "FulkTales." He is going to try and blog more often, and he is a much better writer than me, so enjoy!
Love From Uganda,