Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Amnesia?

It has been quiet a whirlwind of a week with moving (back to our house in Battlement Mesa) and having Cody gone for part of it. I have been consumed with sorting through our things to get our lives into 7 suitcases and 5 backpacks (with a few extra things we need while here such as sleeping bags, plates, etc). With the stress it seems I have been stricken with amnesia. No I didn't fall while cleaning and hit my head, although it might as well have happened with the way I forgot the things God has taught me. How did I get to this point? I think it multiplies up to a lot of things to make a perfect calculation with a product that equaled "freaking out." I started focusing only on my circumstances and not on what God has taught me or what He has been teaching me. The added stress was more reason to cling to God but instead I focused on my circumstances which then led to fear. And most of us know what happens when a scared animal is cornered. :) Luckily this state was short lived and I continue to learn a lot about myself and how quickly I can forget God. It is similar to when Jesus was walking on water to the disciples in the boat and Peter came out to walk on water and when he looked at his circumstances (the fierce wind) started doubting and then he started sinking (Matthew 14:22-33).
It can be such a difficult thing for me, because I really want to be faithful to God and steadfast, but sometimes feel controlled by my emotions. It is so contrary to my flesh. (Gal. 5:17) Denying myself daily and staying close to God in His word and in prayer takes diligence and discipline.
On a positive note, although it has been somewhat stressful, I have loved simplifying our lives and being down to only the basics we need. It has honestly made it easier to move. No furniture, no excess, just what we need. When we do sell our house it will by far be the easiest move and I look forward to that!
I also want to thank those who have been praying for me during the last week. Your prayers, words of encouragement and support have been huge for me!
We are asking that you would pray that our house in Battlement would sell. We have heard that someone is interested in buying it and are talking to their lender. We are not sure what this will bring, but know that God is in control.
Hugs to you,
Michaela

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT reminder to ME! Thank you! I really needed to hear that. Getting ready for summer is tough stuff.....we have so many campers depending on God moving, and sometimes I try to do it myself. I just want everything to be perfect. Drives me nuts, and having a baby that wakes all hours of the night has multiplied my stress level. I need to remember WHO IS DOING THIS!
    Pray that your house is sold!

    ReplyDelete