Many of you already know that we had plans for one of us to take Malachi to Nairobi, Kenya in the middle of February to meet the doctor we know from back home.
Malachi has been having a pattern of sickness that lasts for months. About every month or so he would get random fevers, sometimes associated by other symptoms. Last November after some alarming symptoms his blood work came back abnormal so we ran more tests but didn't find a result. Things started to resolve on their own and many were suggesting it could be just a virus and we should wait.
6 weeks later we repeated the lab work and in some ways it had resolved but there were still some things off, but they were not as alarming as before. During this time he had his normal bout of fever that lasted 2 days. About 2 weeks ago he didn't not have a fever but was throwing up and very lethargic. I once again took him to Kampala so that we could see a doctor and do some more tests. We ruled out some more illnesses but left with no answers.
This brings us to the present. Malachi came down with a fever Sunday night. Monday the fever got rather high reaching 104.2. We immediately cooled him down with a cold bath and have been alternating between tylenol and ibuprofen to keep his fever down. Yesterday he started vomiting and then had a bloody nose again. His fever broke and he said he wanted something to eat. He took a small bit of rice and within minutes vomited and there was blood in the vomit. We (myself, Malachi and Eliana) are flying to Nairboi, Kenya for further testing, instead of waiting until mid Feb.
I know many of you have been so faithful in praying for us, so I am very grateful for that. Here are some specific things you could be praying for:
-Healing for Malachi
-Strength and favor for my journey today (Pray that Eliana would be a great traveler today)
-For Cody and the kids in Kotido
-That we can get answers in Nairboi
-That God would provide all of our needs