Sunday, March 18, 2012

God Never Sleeps

The last couple days in Kotido were somewhat hard for me. The goodbyes. I felt like so much was unfinished. God gave me a lot of encouragement during this time and I am grateful, something I will hold onto and remember.

Wednesday morning I got up early to pray and I was crying out to God. Asking Him if we made any difference for the kingdom. An hour later I open my front door and this is what I see......



Let me explain (sorry if it seems gruesome).

Go back about 4 weeks. A girl came to our gate, named Betty. She is about 16 or 17. She has epilepsy and while having a seizure she violently fell into a fire, burning her back. It was severely infected and no one was willing to help her. She was also having problems with her appetite and was loosing an incredible amount of weight. We decided she could live with us for the remainder of our time in Kotido.

The woman changing her bandage in the picture is Winnie. Remember Winnie is our house help that lives on our compound. She has been a huge help in the ministry especially with her help of fostering the babies.
When I opened the door and saw this, I walked out to investigate further and to offer assistance. I have never seen Winnie doing first aid. I was rather speechless and didn't know what to say. Winnie then told me that she has seen me doing first aid to many people and it has given her confidence to really do it on her own. WOW! After this we continued to talk about Betty's future. This picture is 4 weeks after her burn. It is healing very slowly, but it is healing. It has to be cleaned and a new bandage put on daily. Winnie said she will continue to care for her and to continue sharing the word of God with her.

Winnie later that day, poured her heart out to me and shared the impact our family had on them. There was even a particular action that our kids did, that changed her husband, Victor's, heart. There were things I didn't even realize that had such an impact on her and her family. I was so grateful that God works so much deeper than we even realize. That He never sleeps and is always at work, even when we don't always see it. He gets all the glory!!

Before I close I ask that you would pray for Betty. Pray that her parents would have a change of heart and see that she is a gift from God, and they would not ostracize her. Pray that she can gain weight, and above all pray that she will know the presence of God and follow Him all the days of her life.

-------------------------------------------

We are now in Jinja (Southern Uganda), and we fly out Thursday. I ask that you would pray for our family during this transition. It is difficult for some of our children (and for me (: ). Pray that all would go well on the plane and our luggage and such would not get lost. Pray that when we get to Colorado we can find a vehicle. We are looking at purchasing one, but we now need a 12 or 15 passenger van which is harder to find in our price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment